Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

lucasdavis500
Contributor II

Enhanced Pivot Table

Hi, is it possible to create a table like this in Qlikview? I can't seem to get the mechanics down, it seems that if I resolve one solution I run into another problem, and surely I am not the only user who would like to see data in this manner:

# CREATED BY TYPE2/5-2/112/12-2/182/19-2/262/27-3/4 TOTALS% to Total
Type 1123 62.0%
Type 2
SubType1456 155.0%
SubType2789 248.0%
SubType3101112 3311.0%
SubType4131415 4214.0%
SubType5161718 5117.0%
SubType6192021 6020.0%
SubType7222324 6923.0%
TOTALS9210010800300100.0%

mainly I would like to have a Totals Column, and then a % of total column. The Date and Type are dimensions in this chart, with expression being where the #'s come from. Does qlikview allow you to see % as well as TOTAL # at the same time?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Enhanced Pivot Table

Another similar approach (still uses calculated dimension, but you may or may not find it easier)

Used Robin's sample (thanks Robin)

5 Replies
robin_hausdoerfer
Valued Contributor III

lucasdavis500
Contributor II

Well played, any way to do this without a calculated dimension?

Another similar approach (still uses calculated dimension, but you may or may not find it easier)

Used Robin's sample (thanks Robin)

Highlighted
lucasdavis500
Contributor II

These both seem like acceptable answers. Sunny, I found yours to be easier to use, I couldn't manage to get Robin's to work. I don't understand why Qlik's tabular formatting can be such a pain... I think many end users would like to have a TOTAL column and a TOTAL % column for a reference, without having to switch all of their values in fields to %....

robin_hausdoerfer
Valued Contributor III

there's a "dirty" solution possible without calculated dimension:

You could do a join on the dummy table for building a cartesian product and then you divide every value by the number of fields in the dummy table (in this example 3)... but this will sooner or later lead to mistakes...