Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error .Exception: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: stringToUnescape

Hi All

I have an issue i have 2 extractor on server one run perfectly and the other extractor failed when it runs when i see the log the following error shows,i cant understand why this happen the 2 extractors are running on the same server.

Exception:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: stringToUnescape

at System.Uri.UnescapeDataString(String stringToUnescape)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.GetFileName(String path)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Thanks in advance waiting for the prompt response

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are you using publisher to distribute application possibly based on a certain field value? It seems that a certain field value you want to distribute the application by is missing. I.e, say you selected a field(say, Manager) value 'Peter' and set trigger to reduce the app. Now if that Peter gets missing after a new reload, the publisher doesn't  get the value and throws the error.

Not applicable
Author

but when i relaod it manually or change the time in QMS this extractor can work fine.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

What is there in your task? not only reload, perhaps a reduction and distribution as well, right? If so, reload run might not cause a problem but the reduction/distribution. Check what reduction/distribution is there. And I didn't really understand your

asim mahmood wrote:

.....or change the time in QMS this extractor can work fine.

time change thing. Could you explain a bit more?

Not applicable
Author

Change the time of reload.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

What version of QVS/QDS are you running? I seem to remember there was a problem with running simultaneous tasks in a particular SR...

Not applicable
Author

The QDS version is 11.20.12235.0 but i cant understand why only one extractor gone to failed and the other extractors working properly.