Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
pnn44794
Valued Contributor

Error In Set Analysis Expression - Syntax Error? Unable To Determine

Hello:

I'm sure I'm missing something simple in the following expression, but I would appreciate another set of eyes taking a look to see what may be wrong with the following set analysis:

If(Num(Count({<[Service Ordered] *= {'Virtual Server Infrastructure (VSI)', 'VSI ICP2'}, Forecast_Product_Base_C *= {'VSI Bronze Base'}, [Approval Completed Quarter] *= {'2019-Q1'}>}), ([Host Name]), '#,##0'))

The expression editor simply says "Error in expression" and puts a red squiggly line under the last parentheses.  All the parentheses seem to match up.

As always, any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Error In Set Analysis Expression - Syntax Error? Unable To Determine

Try this

Num(Count({<
[Service Ordered] *= {'Virtual Server Infrastructure (VSI)', 'VSI ICP2'},
Forecast_Product_Base_C *= {'VSI Bronze Base'},
[Approval Completed Quarter] *= {'2019-Q1'}>}
[Host Name]), '#,##0')
7 Replies
Highlighted

Try this

Num(Count({<
[Service Ordered] *= {'Virtual Server Infrastructure (VSI)', 'VSI ICP2'},
Forecast_Product_Base_C *= {'VSI Bronze Base'},
[Approval Completed Quarter] *= {'2019-Q1'}>}
[Host Name]), '#,##0')
pnn44794
Valued Contributor

Hello Sunny:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I appreciate it.  Yes, you're solution works.  So, would I be right to assume the If isn't needed because I'm being specific about what to count?

What if I need to add additional different criteria?  For example, I have a table with Forecast_Product_Base_C with values of VSI Bronze Base, VSI Silver Base and VSI Gold Base where I want to count each one separately?  I think I would need the If then, right?  All 3 could have Service Ordered values as specified in the set analysis.  Sample output table I'm looking for below.  I had the If in place because I wanted to add one at a time to make sure each worked and simply started with just VSI Bronze and if it worked, I was going to add VSI Silver, etc.

ProductTotal Count
VSI Bronze Base3000
VSI Silver Base4000
VSI Gold Base1000

If Product is your dimension, you wouldn't need if statement....

pnn44794
Valued Contributor

Product is the dimension label.  Forecast_Product_Base_C is the actual dimension name for that column.  If I don't need the IF statement, what would the set analysis look like?

I am not sure I understand your data... would you be able to share some raw data and the output you expect from it in an Excel file?

pnn44794
Valued Contributor

I'm having a problem with my data model at the moment.  Once I get that fixed, I'll provide some sample data and sample output.  I appreciate your patience.

pnn44794
Valued Contributor

Hello Sunny:

I'm still having some data problems, but your initial answer was correct and I will mark it as such.  I'll start another thread if needed for my newest problem.  Thank you for your assistance.  It's appreciated.

Community Browser