Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nayanpatel
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Error: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-21561

Hi,

I am getting this error for some tasks very often. If I run same task manually after 30 min or 1 hour then the task will run successfully. Please provide solution to resolve the issue.

Error: Information: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 21561, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-21561: OID- generation failed

Thanks & regards--

Nayan

9 Replies
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Please check this

Oracle ORA-21561 : OID generation failed | ORACLE DBA BLOG

Oracle ORA-21561 : OID generation failed

Giving below error when trying to connect from Oracle client

“ORA-21561 : OID generation failed”

ERROR:

sqlplus <test_user>/<test_user_password>@<database_name>
xxxxx xxxx
xxxx xxxx
ERROR:
ORA-21561 : OID generation failed

Enter user-name: <username>/<password> @ <tns connect string>

SOLUTION:

Then the problem is most likely in the client machine hosts file.
Check that there is client machine fully qualified name and short name in the client machine hosts file. If these are missing you’ll get ORA-21561 errors when trying to connect server.
Example:

127.0.0.1            localhost.localdomain      localhost
10.160.116.10   dbamasters.oracle.com     dbamasters

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I faced earlier when i was with DB Developer. Cause: The handles passed in may not be valid. Action: Check the validity of the env, svc handles.

Then the problem is most likely in the client machine hosts file.  Check that there is client machine fully qualified name and short name in the client machine hosts file. If these are missing you will get ORA-21561 errors when trying to connect to the server.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
nayanpatel
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Thanks for prompt response. However, I did not understand

1) what is client machine here

2) I am getting the error at morning 6:00 AM as per my scheduler. But at 8:00 AM if i try to run manually, it working fine. which means error at 6:00 AM only. and I am trying to find out what was the issue at 6:00 AM

nayanpatel
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Thanks for prompt response. However, I did not understand

1) what is client machine here

2) I am getting the error at morning 6:00 AM as per my scheduler. But at 8:00 AM if i try to run manually, it working fine. which means error at 6:00 AM only. and I am trying to find out what was the issue at 6:00 AM

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) Client Machine here - It's called your DB installation machine

2) How you are scheduling this? Any Triggers assigned in your Database tasks. If so,, How your trigger query or script looks like

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
nayanpatel
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Tanks for response.

1) QlikView jobs scheduled with publisher in QlikView Server

2) We don't have database access, so cant check for trigger assigned etc at DB level. We are getting ODBC connection string from DB side which we are using in QlikView application

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) There must be Services may gets down that time (6 AM) - Check tomorrow and confirm the same

2) When you done in Qlikview environment only i don't think DB has any triggers AON. You have to wait till Tomorrow for confirmation

nayanpatel
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

1) Yes there must be something at database side which prevent me to extract data at 6:00 AM and that I have to find out and tell to customer. I want those details only. but no luck from where to get those details.

2) My jobs failing once or twice in week. So its already under observation.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

1) I doubt, Still whether they done this in DB side because you said, we are scheduling this in QVS / QVP. I am not sure, how you came to know (May be check this in DB end) and share with us. We will always learning new things

2) This is the case, I assume your qlikview services may be stops that time for 2 days. Could be the main reason here. May be contact to support and explain same they may help you in remote if needed qoncierge@qlik.com