Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error: The sourcedocument failed to save..

Hi,

Anyone who has faced this issue? We have an application on QV called LOR. It has been running for some time, but suddenly throwing this exception in QV log:

(2017-10-09 14:23:16) Information: The Source Document reload complete. DocumentPath=D:\LOR\LORv2ReportAppFiles\QVD LORv2 Data Refresh Apps\LORv2.1_Database_ETL_Process.qvw

(2017-10-09 14:23:16) Information: Memory Allocation Delta for this file=9.08 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Reload=12899.35 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Reload=12917.01 Mb. Total Physical Memory=12917.01 Mb.

(2017-10-09 14:23:22) Information: The Source Document was reloaded successfully.

(2017-10-09 14:23:22) Information: Reload finished successfully

(2017-10-09 14:23:22) Information: Start saving document

(2017-10-09 14:23:22) Error: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:ut still the same LOR\LORv2ReportAppFiles\QVD LORv2 Data Refresh Apps\3659d8ff-632a-4fe7-8d17-d8c7ece46547_LORv2.1_Database_ETL_Process.qvw.tmp.oldfile' is denied. ||    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ||    at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName)

(2017-10-09 14:23:22) Information: Closing the document.

(2017-10-09 14:23:23) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=6020

(2017-10-09 14:23:23) Error: The task "LORv2 Database ETL Process task" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The sourcedocument failed to save.. Exception=System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\LOR\LORv2ReportAppFiles\QVD LORv2 Data Refresh Apps\3659d8ff-632a-4fe7-8d17-d8c7ece46547_LORv2.1_Database_ETL_Process.qvw.tmp.oldfile' is denied. ||    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) ||    at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.ReplaceSourceFile(ILogBucket logBucket, String replaceFromFileName, String replaceToFilename) ||    at QVBWrapper.Document.Save(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, String i_SaveAsFileName) ||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage) ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ||    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult) ||    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

We have tried to restart the server, but still the same. Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks in advance.

Vanessa

3 Replies
parthesh
Creator
Creator

Hello,

i think your service user is not having right on that path.

Access to the path 'D:\LOR\LORv2ReportAppFiles\QVD LORv2 Data Refresh Apps\3659d8ff-632a-4fe7-8d17-d8c7ece46547_LORv2.1_Database_ETL_Process.qvw.tmp.oldfile' is denied.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Parthesh,

Thanks for the response. That's what we are checking. But we verified that the service user has FULL CONTROL priveleges to the folder. Is this something related to bug in QV? I found the thread discussion below. Do you think there is relation? Our QVS version is 11.00.11414 SR2

Reference discussion:

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/191017

Reload fails and the temp document created during the reload cannot be stored/saved.

tussh077
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Venessa,

Were you able to resolve this issue? Could you please let me know if this was a bug as I am also facing same issue in production?

Regards,
Tushar