Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in Google Chrome

Our company's main browser is now Chrome, however it seems we are getting Exception Errors (see attached errors) when selecting certain tabs in certain applications.  I am thinking there is an object (maybe triggers or charts?)in the application that is causing the issue but I tried doing process of elimination removing each object and can't seem to pinpoint what is causing this.  I tried searching on the internet and all the QlikView blogs but had no luck.  Has anyone else run into this problem with Google Chrome?  Our server is Version 11 SR2. Maybe there is a plugin or maybe we need to upgrade our server to the lastest version?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Mel

5 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Melinda,

This type of issues, you have to do the elimination process, that means that you have to pin point the sheet that is causing the issue, then remove object by object until, no error shows up and basically the last object that you removed put it on a separate sheet and see if that errors again.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gio for the quick response.  Yes I was able to pinpoint that it might be a trigger issue.  But if that is the case, why aren't triggers working in Chrome?  We don't want to have to redesign all our QV apps to not use triggers, right?  According to QV documentation, Google Chrome should be compatible with QlikView 11.  All objects should work in Chrome.

Giuseppe_Novello

Melinda,

If the issue is with triggers, What kind of triggers are you using? Note that Ajax has some limitations executing some types of triggers like:

Sheet Triggers:

- Actions that trigger other actions, so called cascading actions, may cause unforeseen consequences and are not supported!

- There are limitations as to the behavior of certain macro triggers when working with documents on QlikView Server. Please study the section Using Macros in QV Documents on the QV-Server in the QlikView Reference Manual before designing server documents with macro triggers.

Document Triggers:

- There are limitations as to the behavior of certain macro triggers when working with documents on QlikView Server. Please study the section Using Macros in QV Documents on the QV-Server in the QlikView Reference Manual before designing server documents with macro triggers.

- For backward compatibility to earlier versions of QlikView, the action must consist of a macro action. An action that consists of only one macro action is translated back to old string format on save.

- OnOpen:  Select this event to assign an action to be executed each time the QlikView document is opened. This event is not supported when running in the AJAX client.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gio,

Thanks for the info. Unfortuntately, we are not using any Cascading actions nor using macros or macro triggers in any of our apps.  Other issues we are having with chrome are buttons and textboxes are out of place and some colors are not showing correctly..  Just seems, in general, Chrome is not the way to go when it comes to QlikView. 

Giuseppe_Novello

Melinda,

The other possible thing could be the version of Qlikview, I know there were some UI complications with Chrome 35, which is best to upgrade to V11.20 SR7. If you have a test enviroment, upgrade to SR7 and see if the issue gets alleviated.

Giuseppe Novello