Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II

Error in Text Box Calculation

I have the following chart in my QV Doc

Screenshot_1.png

In the above Text Box  (last one  28%)I want to calculate figure  1713182/4441686=38% But I get the answer as 28%

My expression is as follows

=NUM(((sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'},MONTH={'MAR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE))))

-

(sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))/3))

/ fabs(sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'},MONTH={'MAR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))),'#,##0 %')

Pls advise What Mistake I have done and corret me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Check this, It's working for me

=Num((NUM((sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'},MONTH={'MAR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))) - (sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))/3),'#,##0')) /

(NUM(sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))/3,'#,##0.')),'#,#0%')

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Are you sure, You are using same which existing for 2 values

Would you able to share me sample applicaiton

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
prieper
Master II
Master II

Think that you have three values involved. A-B/C?

Suggest to

a) take out the formatting (this might be done as last step)

b) copy the formulas from each box but add parethesis for each expression and calculate A/B

Peter

upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can you pls write the suggested expression

prieper
Master II
Master II

there are three parts in your view, am not sure, whether the brackets are correct.

Am neither sure, whether the combination of SUM(....RANGESUM(....)) works.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Can i suggest you simply copy paste the expressions you used in Textbox 1 and Textbox 2 directly as below

Textbox3 =  Texbox2 / Textbox1 ??

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
upaliwije
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This is the sample data pls advise.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Check this, It's working for me

=Num((NUM((sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'},MONTH={'MAR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))) - (sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))/3),'#,##0')) /

(NUM(sum({<MO_NM={'MOTOR'}>}(rangesum(CL_PROV,+CL_ADJUS,-RE_PROV,-SALVAGE)))/3,'#,##0.')),'#,#0%')

Capture.PNG