cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error in cumulative sum calculation.

Hello there,

So i have a QlikView application that calculates and predicts Cash Flow values.

The application is created in QlikView Desktop and then it is uploaded in a custom ERP program.

The problem i am facing (see below for the images) is that in a field where it holds the progressive cumulative sum of some values although i get the correct result in the QlikView Desktop, when i upload it in the ERP it damages the calculation.

The reason for that is that the yesterday the ERP had an update and it seems that some functions has not been set correctly.

So, my question is:

Does anybody have any idea of a workaround for the aformentioned problem?

This is the correct result as shown in th QlikView Desktopcorrect.png

The code behind it is:

if(

Dimensionality()=0,

/*then*/ rangesum(before(column(1),1,1)),

/*else*/  0

)

The result i am getting in the ERP is:

WRONG.png

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Use Qlikview instead of your broken custom ERP system?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How do you mean that?

The QlikView App must be uploaded in the ERP system and the question refers to an alternate way to calculate the cumulative sum.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Why? The calculation in Qlikview is correct. You're ERP was updated and now it shows incorrect results. Ergo, your ERP system is broken.  I doubt the solution is to create incorrect calculations in Qlikview.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know that the calculation in QlikView is correct.

I am asking for an alternate way to get the similar output in QlikView in order to upload it in the ERP. The reason that the ERP is showing incorrect results is because the update has not took into consideration certain functions (rangesum() combined with the before()).

To be clear:

The aformentioned calculation is correct (i tested it several times). If you know a different way to get the same result in QlikView please do tell.

Thank you.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

What exactly do you upload into your ERP system? An excel export of the pivot table from the .qvw file?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No. The images are just an image of the whole document. Due to sensitive data i didn't uploaded the whole application.

In the ERP I upload the whole QlikView document (.qvw file) as it is created in the QlikView Desktop.