Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error reading Excel File with odbc driver

Hi,

I have an excel files and I'm reading using sqltables query but in windows server 2008R2 that's not work.

My string connection look like this:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=MSDASQL.1;Persist Security Info=False;Extended Properties="DSN=Excel Files;DBQ=$(vArchivo); DriverId=1046; MaxBufferSize=2048; PageTimeout=5";];

Can any help me?

4 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

To load from an XLS file, just use the Table Files option.

LOAD *

FROM
filename.xlsx
(
ooxml, embedded labels, table is sheetname);

May you live in interesting times!
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is most likely due to not having the Excel OLEDB/ODBC driver not installed on the Windows Server 2008 R2 computer. This ODBC-driver is not standard but it gets installed when you install Office and you can also download it.

Both where to find the drivers and the alternative to using the OLEDB/ODBC driver is mentioned in this thread:

Load Multiple Sheets...sheets are Dynamic

Not applicable
Author

I have installed the driver but it doesn't work; see the connection i'm using:

ODBC CONNECT32 To [Excel Files;DriverId=1046;DBQ="$(vArchivo)"];

But i'm getting the next error:

SQL##f - SqlState: IM002, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I just solved the problem. the problem was not of office driver; the happend is that the connection string uses a ODBC named Excel Files and i didn't have this created on my server. It exists in my personal computer because when isntall the office it create this driver (I don't remenber i have create on my pc).

From i created it connected correctly.

Solution:

Go to ODBC administrator and in the User DSN tab, create new ODBC named Excel Files. Foto.PNG