cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

ErrorCode: 50310 loading from ODBC connected database

Hello, I'm loading tables from a SQL table though an ODBC connection and I'm getting this error on one of the table loads:

QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 50310, ErrorMsg: [Snowflake][Support] (50310) Unrecognized ICU conversion error.

I'm able to load other tables from this database, and I was able to load this table just fine yesterday. I know that the view for this table was modified recently, so the problem may lie somewhere there, but if anyone could explain to me the context around this error, that would be great. I know that ICU has to do with unicode conversion, but I'm not sure what may have changed.

EDIT: we set the values of the offending field to NULL and QlikView had no problem loading it, so we know that the issue arises from that field in the source table. Just don't know what could be causing this error to appear. We tried doing a regex on the field values, but all we could find were a few special characters (-,#,@,.,',,). Removing these did not fix the problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Nevermind, we figured out the issue. This wasn't a problem with QlikView but with our data. Three of the field values had problem characters in them (such as ñ and ’ (not ')) when we ran a SQL query outside of QlikView, these characters did not display correctly. We are looking into if our SQL database is using a different character set than our data, or we may just replace the characters in the data itself.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you run that specific table on your local SQL server machine? What is this ICU -> A field name in your database?

dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Nevermind, we figured out the issue. This wasn't a problem with QlikView but with our data. Three of the field values had problem characters in them (such as ñ and ’ (not ')) when we ran a SQL query outside of QlikView, these characters did not display correctly. We are looking into if our SQL database is using a different character set than our data, or we may just replace the characters in the data itself.