Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Not applicable

Event on clear button

Hi,

I want to create an event on clear button. Whenever a user hits the clear button, I want the dashboard to select the first value in a field X. Kindly advise!

Thanks!

12 Replies
micheledenardi
Valued Contributor

Re: Event on clear button

You have to create a text object with actions:

Immagine.png

Not applicable

I know of this approach. But I need to perform this option with the defualt Clear button option that Qlik provides.

micheledenardi
Valued Contributor

This is not possible.

sinanozdemir
Valued Contributor III

Hi Naveed,

The only problem is that when your end-users hit the clear button, the other available values will disappear and the first value will be the only value to be shown. So how do you want to handle that part? I mean you won't be giving your end-users to select the other values after clearing the dashboard.

Thanks

Not applicable

So, I am using a hide prefix ~ for the field in which I want a default selection on hitting clear and hence, the field does not show up in current selection box.

sinanozdemir
Valued Contributor III

I don't think the hide prefix has anything to do with this scenario, but do you have a simple app you can provide?

Thanks

Digvijay_Singh
Honored Contributor III

If you use 'Set clear state' with first value selected. Users can do further selections and do their analysis. When they press the clear button, they will see the initial state with first value selected.

It won't work when clear all is pressed but with clear button it gives the feature which you are expecting.

Not applicable

This is my approach currently, but when I deploy the dashboard on QMC for end users to use, the clear state settings does not seem to work.

Digvijay_Singh
Honored Contributor III