Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Event triggers - selection action - values exclusion and white spaces management

Hi all, I'd need a help with the use of event triggers and multiple values selection.

I have two goals:

1. Selecting more than one value containing white spaces (' ') using a selection action ("Select in Field" or "Toggle Select" for example)
  2. Excluding one of the possible values from the selection made

The only solution I could find out is making a first "Select in Field" that searches all the values without spaces using the syntax "(Value1|Value2|...|ValueN)" to compose the "Search String", followed by a series of "Toggle Select" that looks singularly for the other values, except for those one I want to exclude.

If I try to use a "Select in Field" or "Toggle Select" with the cited syntax where one of the N value has a space, QilkView fails to apply the filter.

So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to indicate just the values to be excluded?
  2. Which is the right syntax to manage spaces inside values?

Thanks a lot.

2 Replies
googel84
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Any suggestion?

Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hallo

I had the same problem a while, the problem is that Qlikview doesn't select Null values in fields, what i did was to fill this gap in the data.

Somthing like:

if( len(Table.status) = 0, "noStatus", Table.status)

Now I can select the field "noStatus" and Qlikview returns the original Null values selected 😉

Regards

Hatus