Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psankepalli
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Excel ODBC Connection DNS Error : Load Dynamic excel sheet names

Hello,

I am using the same code to load multiple excel sheets to my QV 11.20 version. its giving the DNS Error.

The Error is:

SQL##f - SqlState: IM014, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

ODBC CONNECT32 TO [Excel Files;DBQ=C:\Users\sp\Desktop\Parsars\Test 20150502 1.xlsx]

Also, when I try to connect to Excel file through QV >> Edit Script >> ODBC (Force 32) >> Connect >> Select Excel Files >> Test Connection ( User ID & PWD blank, Not sure what I need to enter so, left is blank) giving the following error.

Connection Test Failed

SQL##f - SqlState: IM014, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application

Do I need to enter any User ID & Pwd (I am administrator to this computer).

I am not sure how to connect to the Excel files with ODBC. because these already has DNS connection. I can Load data from excel. but my QV cannot detect SQLTables under ODBC connection.

Please help me. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

SP

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Use table files tab to load the excel files from your local machine.

if you want to load data from database create ODBC DNS connection you need to provide username and password for Test connection successful

Provide actual requirements ....

Regards

Sagar

edwinmatlapeng
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Uncheck the the Force 32 Bit radio button.