Did you mean: 
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III

Exclude Outliers from Table

Hello,

I have a pivot table as shown in the image below:

Nego1.PNG

Now what I need to do is exclude certain line items that will be outliers based on a condition from this table. The condition is as follows:

if([Quote Price]*([FX_Rate]/[FX Rate])>=[Cost Estimate]*(1+v_Outlier) or if([Quote Price]*([FX_Rate]/[FX Rate])<=[Cost Estimate]*(1-v_Outlier)

, it is an outlier and needs to be excluded from the table. Here, 'v_outlier' is the variable being controlled by the slider item. I have tried achieving this by adding in these additional if conditions into my existing dimensions in the table but I get a 'Allocated Memory Exceeded' error as the existing if conditions are already complex enough. Then, I tried including these outlier conditions in set analysis as follows:

([Quote Price]*([FX_Rate]/[FX Rate]))={">[Cost Estimate]*(1-$(v_Outlier))<[Cost Estimate]*(1+$(v_Outlier))"}

in my calculated dimensions. But the table now instead stops displaying all the values.

Please help me include these outlier conditions for the table. I'm attaching a sample with the post. Thanks in advance!

stalwar1kaushik.solanki

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Is this what you hoped to get?

Capture.PNG

Used your above condition as an if statement in all your expressions

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this what you hoped to get?

Capture.PNG

Used your above condition as an if statement in all your expressions

mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That was simple enough. I was under the impression that the 'if' conditions should only be included in the dimensions for it to actually work. I never got the idea to add this to the measures instead. Thanks Sunny and sorry for bothering you with something so silly as this.