Did you mean: 
qliknexus_kgcru
Partner - Contributor III

Exclude filter for Month Bar chart when selecting on the month filter

Hi All,

I need to have a tabular chart which shows sum(measure) per YTD and Months:

chart01.png

I have initially created this chart using Pick function. For the Dimension: =Pick(Dim,'YTD', FISC_MONTH)

Dim is a island table which contains values 1,2,3. FISC_MONTH is the fiscal months dimension  which contains values APR, MAY, JUNE etc

For the expression I've used this, Pick(Dim, SUM({<FISC_MONTH= >}TOTAL measure),SUM({<FISC_MONTH= >}measure))

My issue now is that I have a Year and a Month filter. Month filter containing the FISC_MONTH values. The chart needs to be filtered by the Year only, and the month filter will not affect the chart upon selection.

On my expression, the YTD value on the chart is not affected as expected but the Months are affected (which should not) when selecting a month in the month filter. Is there any solution or work around on this?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Override the selection in your month field too:

Pick(Dim, SUM({<FISC_MONTH= >}TOTAL measure),SUM({<MyMonthField=,FISC_MONTH= >}measure))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sunny_talwar

May be you need this

Pick(Only({1} Dim), Sum({<FISC_MONTH>}TOTAL measure), Sum({<FISC_MONTH>}measure))

qliknexus_kgcru
Author

‌Hi Gysbert,

i only have one month field which is the FISC_MONTH, which i have already included in the expression. What MyMonthField are you pertaining to? Thanks!

qliknexus_kgcru
Author

tried this also but it didn't work. could it be that it's not working because i'm using FISC_MONTH as the dimension and set identifier?

sunny_talwar

could it be that it's not working because i'm using FISC_MONTH as the dimension and set identifier?

I don't think this is a problem...would you be able to share a sample to show the issue?