Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III

Exclude selection in Straight table dimension

Hi all!,

I got this straight table and this list box... Capture.PNG

and i want to exclude in the table the values that are selected i.e. if Commit and/or CommitBook or Ship were selected then the table will look like this:

Capture.PNG

PD: Data type its a dimension.

Any idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Just give this a shot

Difference % - Num(RangeMax(1 - Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount) / Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount), 0), '#,###.#0%')

OLD - Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount)

NEW - Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount)

or this

Difference % - If(GetSelectedCount([Data Type]) = 0, Num(RangeMax(1 - Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}>}Amount) / Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}>}Amount), 0), '#,###.#0%'), Num(RangeMax(1 - Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount) / Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount), 0), '#,###.#0%'))

OLD - If(GetSelectedCount([Data Type]) = 0, Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}>}Amount), Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount))

NEW - If(GetSelectedCount([Data Type]) = 0, Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}>}Amount), Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}, [Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}Amount))

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Use this in your expression's set analysis

{<[Data Type] = e(Type)>}

I am assuming the dimension field is different from the list box field... if they both are the same, then may be this

{<[Data Type] = e([Data Type])>}

darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

where should i put this?,

"{<[Data Type] = e([Data Type])>} "  in the list box?

darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i already tried to put it in the expression tab in list box and in the table in the dimension in the field "conditional" and nothing, the code turns red

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you want to remove which is selection in Report then u can call like below for 3 measures

Sum({<[Data Type] = E([Data Type]) >} Measure)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Where should i put that? in the dimension? at the condition field? or list box?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

No, It should be in measure. In report there are 3 measures you should include degrade action to set expression, What are the measures you used?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sunny_talwar

What are the expression you are using for these three columns in your chart? Difference %, Old, New? You need to add the above set analysis to these three expressions

Capture.PNG

darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

These are the expressions:

Difference % - Num(RangeMax(1 - Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}>}Amount) / Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}>}Amount), 0), '#,###.#0%')

OLD - Sum({<TimeStamp={'Old'}>}Amount)

NEW - Sum({<TimeStamp={'New'}>}Amount)

But i need that the values shown in the chart depends the listbox. The user will feel free to exclude the ones he wants. So it shouldnt be in the dimesion filed (Data Type)? or the list box? (later will be checkboxes)

Thanks for your kick answer stalwar1

darkshadow91223
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I dont have any measure 😮 didnt know about it im starting with qlikview.

Could you please explain more?

Thanks for you answer loveisfail