Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob654321
Contributor
Contributor

Exclude the conditional dimension field from set analysis expression ?

How can I exclude the conditional dimension completely from the expression using set analysis ?  

Logic for the product column in the table is If(Match(Product,'A','B','C'),Product)

I'm using this expression below but the issue is product in the pivot table is a conditional dimension. so it is causing nulls because of if match statement . The nulls shouldn't be displayed at all. If I use suppress nulls option, the total sales doesn't display correctly.

Sum({<PRODUCT=>>} TOTAL <YEAR,MONTH,QUARTER,CLIENT,REGION> [SALES])

My pivot table shows as below

Feb 2019    

Product  Totals

A                  56

B                 56

C                 56

D                 56

5 Replies
bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Please remove >(marked as Red below) this from Expression

Sum({<PRODUCT=>>} TOTAL <YEAR,MONTH,QUARTER,CLIENT,PRODUCT,REGION> [SALES])

Now Suppress Null Values for Dimension

If(Match(Product,'A','B','C'),Product)

Please find below screenshot to see the result I got

bob654321
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry it should be one > only. somehow I typed as >>.

I've tried your solution but the issue is when I suppress the nulls the total becomes 52 instead of 56.

bharathadde
Creator II
Creator II

Can you send sample data with all the fields you have mentioned

like below

Product,YEAR,MONTH,QUARTER,CLIENT,REGION,Sales

A,2018,6,Q2,XYZ,R1,24

bob654321
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I've attached the sample excel file . In the dataset the product is not dependent on the sales. Sales is only dependent on Region,Client,Year,Month and Quarter.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I have are the following links:

Help:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

Design Blog:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Set-Analysis/ba-p/1468344

Note on the Design Blog post there are other links at the bottom as well that may be pertinent here.  Sorry I am not more help, but this may give you what you need here.  If you have resolved things, please post your solution and mark it as the solution for others.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.