Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Execution of Script Failed. Reload old data? WITHOUT ERRORS!!!

Hi...

I am in despair...

Document not systemically (about one time out of 15) gives this message (Execution of Script Failed. Reload old data?).

- ErrorMode = 0 does not help. Nothing changes.

- EXIT SCRIPT after end of the script does not help output. Nothing changes.

- I exported the document and import it -PRJ. Nothing changes.

- Logs are not any errors.

- The script always ends with "Script completed."

- QV PE removed and re-installed. Nothing changes.

- Other documents do not behave, they are ok.

The script is read-only, all files are local. Name QVD in mask - !date!days1!days2!days3!....!daysN!.qvd.

RAM enough (64 Gb). Document requires no more than 1 Gb.

Most importantly, this error does not always happen. I restart 50 times in a row, and the error was 4 times.

I really just do not know what to do.

Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Guys, I found what was wrong.

1) One var as =Date&'_'&Days&'_'&Days_SDP&'_'&Days_ABC&'_'&Days_XYZ&'_'&Days_ob&'_'&X&'_'&Y&'_'&$(ob)&'_'&$(ob1)&'_'&$(ob2)&'_'&$(ob3)&'_'&$(ob4)

2)  Was trigger for this var througe change as set other var.

As soon as I made two points in his paper began these failures.

Today I decided to once again repeat everything and decided that before I did not delete the trigger. I deleted it, removed the two variables. I added one variable in the script. Today I did 50 downloads during the day. No release script error. I also noticed that after the data load steel on another (faster) updated tables and charts.

Previously, they all hung out and then there were already updated.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Some part of your script is silently failing.

Using variables in script? Or mapping fields without mapping table? Can't say without looking at script.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you.

Vineeth Pujari написал(а):

Some part of your script is silently failing.

Using variables in script? Or mapping fields without mapping table? Can't say without looking at script.

No mapping. Variables - yes. Script very large.

For example.

LET final = isnull(QvdCreateTime('\\QLIKVIEW\Buffer\$(var)_final.qvd'));

if $(#final) = 0 THEN

final:

NoConcatenate

Load * FROM \\QLIKVIEW\Buffer\$(var)_final.qvd (qvd);

ELSE

//large script for creating table 'Final'

ENDIF

P.S. The most important document that sometimes works sometimes not working

marcus_sommer

One way to find possible reasons could be to analyze and to compare the script-logs from each run if there any differences by enabling timestamps within the log-filename and using Script Log Analyzer v1.5 -German and Portuguese language. Further it might be useful/necessary to add some extra variables which contain the number of records from certain tables or another useful informations which aren't else recorded respectively covered from Rob's tool.

But before that I would ensure that there are no synthetic key or circular loops within the datamodel and also disable features like buffers or prj-folders and similars to avoid any extra processing after qlik has finished the load.

Further by randomly failing reloads could errors within the RAM or the storage be the reason - whereby this will be quite hard to find. I'm not sure if this would be helpful for this but it might give further hints - by running your script with a reduced amounts of data maybe with only 1000 records (or something more appropriate) to see if the script still failed randomly or if the frequency significantly changed.

- Marcus

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you.

Of course, without synthetics and without cycles.

I have read other similar topics. The fact that I am not alone.

There is other document that uses a maximum of 12 Gb RAM and it work always correct. So it is not a memory...

I also noticed another interesting fact. If you run the script in debug mode, all reloads flow correctly.

Just I do not know what to think. Maybe some rare bug associated with the script...

marcus_sommer

With errors in RAM I didn't mean a run out of memory else a corrupted RAM - this is quite rarely but sometimes ...

Further there might be some timing-issues involved somewhere - this meant you could try to put a sleep-statement between some of your load-statements and after them.

Another points which could give hints are if the load-times from the successful loadings differ very much and maybe also the data - number of records, content ... Also does your script write or store anything, is section access enabled, executing from external batches ... Are there any modifying of easter egg settings?

- Marcus

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In hidden settings I did not touch him.

Even just reading the topic Nesting IF THEN ENDIF, there in the end they write about the strange difference between ENDIF vs END IF. And it recommends the use of a space. I use no space.

And coincidentally the error in the document became show immediately after I added the expression:

IF ...

small script

ELSE

very big script (before that worked well without errors)

ENDIF

Tomorrow I will check, but for now I'm confused. Okay, he always gave the error, but sometimes, as in the document does not change anything.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Nothing succeeded.

I also created a new document and hands moved all the code and objects, and variables.

Problems remain.

The fact that Qlik does not see any errors in the log does not fix the problem, and that is repeated does not always speak about the unknown bug QV.

Other opinions have no.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Guys, I found what was wrong.

1) One var as =Date&'_'&Days&'_'&Days_SDP&'_'&Days_ABC&'_'&Days_XYZ&'_'&Days_ob&'_'&X&'_'&Y&'_'&$(ob)&'_'&$(ob1)&'_'&$(ob2)&'_'&$(ob3)&'_'&$(ob4)

2)  Was trigger for this var througe change as set other var.

As soon as I made two points in his paper began these failures.

Today I decided to once again repeat everything and decided that before I did not delete the trigger. I deleted it, removed the two variables. I added one variable in the script. Today I did 50 downloads during the day. No release script error. I also noticed that after the data load steel on another (faster) updated tables and charts.

Previously, they all hung out and then there were already updated.

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Just specifically I copied now working document. I removed the creation of a variable in the script. He added as two variables and add trigger to change one set first.

First run - the same error. So I was right. At a QV there is a bug in the trigger variable.