Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arixooo123
Creator III
Creator III

Executive dashboard- simple KPIs from a large database

Hey guys,

I want to create an executive high-level dashboard for top management reporting some simple KPIs.

The database is pretty big and tables are huge, but they only need to see some simple numbers like count of transactions or sum of some values.

So I don't need to fetch all the data, I was wondering if I still need to first load the data into qlik sense and then do the calculation or if there's any way to have the calculation in the database and only bring the numbers.

What do you suggest?

1- Creating a stored procedure in DB and make the report in there and bring that into qlik sense for visualization?

or

2- Bringing the necessary field into qlik and calculate everything in qlik side?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

You can :

• Use VIEWS to prepare the data on the Database.

• Make simple loads with only the data you want (but be sure to load just what you want).

• Try to use the SQL select statement (if it is an sql database for example) instead of a load statement to make the calculations. (it is faster with the database engine).

Regards,

YB

View solution in original post

1 Reply
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

You can :

• Use VIEWS to prepare the data on the Database.

• Make simple loads with only the data you want (but be sure to load just what you want).

• Try to use the SQL select statement (if it is an sql database for example) instead of a load statement to make the calculations. (it is faster with the database engine).

Regards,

YB