Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export Feature - Out of virtual and/or logical memory, allocating 512 Mb

Hi all,

New to these forums, so apologies if it's posted to the wrong place or already been answered -

I have a button in workspace which exports a set of columns to a folder in the users computer, in .csv format. This works fine when you apply limits to the data set you're exporting (i.e. limit to < 300k lines). The issue however is when you have more than this quantity of lines. Currently I have applied a condition to activate the button only when # of lines is below this limit, but when testing I get an error message of 'Out of virtual and/or logical memory, allocating 512 Mb'. I wanted to confirm this was down to the end users computer memory, and not something we can improve in Qlikview?

Also, if anyone knows of settings on the end user computer side which may improve this, happy to hear them.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sam

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try below settings.

Open the Qvw application.

Go to Settings -> User Preferences -> Export -> Set limit for export.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

Unfortunately this didn't work - I increased the 'Export Memory Limit' and it came up with the same error after only a few seconds.

Regards,

Sam

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

May be the size of data you are exporting is hugh.

Try Exporting small amt of data.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yep - It's down to the size of the file/strain on system. Smaller batches work

What I'm wondering is how I can improve/increase this. The users would ideally like the ability to export ~1 million rows with ~100 columns.

Thanks for any advice.

Sam

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I guess you should reduce the limit instead of increasing, so you won't reach the total available memory.

If the client machine is limited, you should change your macro to do a serversideExport or serversideExportEx (you can use the apiguide to get more details and examples).

The server would export the object to a folder on the server and this folder should be shared with the users so they can get the file there.

Hope this helps,

Erich

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sam,

Did you ever resolve this issue?

We've been happily exporting large CSV files using IE plugin in IE 8 on a Windows 7 64-bit machine.

In the last month, something has changed and we now get this error when the export file size exceeds around 8/9Mb.

It's a multi-user issue - not related to a setting change by users - and I am wondering if a Windows update has changed a setting somewhere in IE preventing the export via the IE plugin?

The query renders on the server without issue and the file can be exported using Ajax (even in IE) - but not using the IE Plugin.

Any thoughts/suggestions....anyone?

Best regards,

Ross