Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Export Rights on Specific Chart Objects

Hi there,

I have a QlikView application in which I want to restrict some users from "export to excel" but on specific chart objects not all.

I have tried the following but nothing fulfills my need:

• I removed the export rights on the document and try to give admin rights to the users using section access who are supposed to be able to export. This will allow the users with admin rights to export.

• Copies of two documents in which one have export rights and the other don't.

But the issue is that I want to restrict on some specific chart objects not on all chart objects.

How can I get this?

Best Regards

UI

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't think you could reach it with export-options you will need an access-control per section access on sheet- or object-level:

Sheets Security with Section Access

Sheets Security with Section Access File

Section Access - Hide Sheet Level

Video - Section Access best practice

Chart Level Access by user

Sheet level access

- Marcus

umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply, appreciated!

But as I mentioned in the post that section access does not fulfill my need because I want to give export rights on some specific charts for some specified users.

marcus_sommer

The general logic from access-rights are a user is allowed to access certain data on which way he want or it's not allowed. Therefore you will need some compromise. Maybe you used several different applications for this to serve different needs ....

- Marcus