Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmooney1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Export to Excel contains additional hidden/special characters

Hi,

I have an issue when exporting beyond the 65.5k Excel Biff limit, where we get additional characters appearing. This isnt an issue if we have a smaller data set (<65.5k), but we would prefer not to restrict our users so drastically.

What we find is that some rows (but only the leftmost column) attract an extra character in the export to excel. For example, in the pivot table below, we see core brands have 12321 records where brand group is 11 chars in length ie "Core Brands", but there are 9 records where we hit 12 chars. This additional char is Chr(63).

Note that other columns in the extract are unnafected, however if i rearrange the columns such that a different field is the leftmost column, then I experience the same issue in that field - so only happens when leftmost in the extract (or Column A in excel).

I have tried exporting in semicolon and tab delimited formats & have the same issue - so not csv specific.

We are running 11.2 SR1.

Ideal scenario would be to export direct to Excel07/xlsx format, but in the absence of that capability, does anyone have any input please?

Thanks is advance.

Values
LenRow LabelsCount of Brand Group
12Core Brands9
11Core Brands12321
14Launch Brands5
13Launch Brands7627
0 Replies