Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Export to semicolumn csv in accesspoint

Hi all,

I would like to export a straight table to a semicolumn separated csv-file in accesspoint.

If possible I would like to do this via a button.

If I use the right mouse button and export I get a comma separated csv.

Who can help me?

regards,

Kris

18 Replies
marcus_sommer

Yes, I should have read the post from the beginning. How many records are usually exported? If this are not too many it might be an option to print this table respectively the already concatenated single column-table. This opened the table within another browser-tab and could with Ctrl A | C | V be copied in text-file.

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

We have a SAAS-environment, so we rent out our keys.

It is a customer that askes for it.

It would be better if it could go in 1 flow.

I've also tried with a button and under actions -axternal - Export.

If I choose as filetype a csv qlikview is creating a csv-file in "my downloads"

If I choose a SKV he is opening the file in another tab in my browser.

But also as comma-seperated-file.

I've no idea why the skv is opening in a brower and why it is also comma-seperated.

regards,

Kris

marcus_sommer

I think I would go by extending the process-logic of checking the output-format (reading the header and counting commas and semi-colon would be enough to identify the used delimiter) and then branching into the appropriate routine (it might be just one routine and the preceeding checking is adjusting a variable).

Also possible would be to use an extra routine between export and the further processing maybe with a batch-file which just replaced commas, semi-colon, quotes like needed.

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

what do you mean with extending the process-logic?

regards,

Kris

marcus_sommer

I assume that the csv-output is used in any other tool and that this tool expect a certain format. If the output-format from Qlik couldn't be sufficient adjusted there is in general the possibility to change the expect input-format from this tool and/or extending it with some logic that it is (nearly) meaningless which format the csv had because this tool checked the format and applied to correct loading/extracting-routine.

What happens with these csv-data - where and how are they loaded?

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

At the moment I have 2 different cases with the same Csv-format.

The first one I don't know where they use it for.

The second one is for importing the data in a CRM-tool.

So it would be best if we get the data in the correct format out of Qlikview.

A semicolon-seperated CSV with no double quotes around the records with a comma in.

Regards,

Kris

marcus_sommer

Maybe it's an alternatively to write these data instead of exporting them and you coud adjust everything like you want. Here an example what is meant: Re: Export to CSV with quotation marks.

- Marcus

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

And is this working in the access-point?

marcus_sommer

With the IE plugin yes - with the AJAX client I doubt. Here might be an extension possible like SQL Writeback from QlikView extension object. But I think the above mentioned possibilities to adjust the afterwards processes would be easier than an extension.

- Marcus