cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alvaro_abv
Contributor II
Contributor II

Expresión con null() error en 32 y 64 bit

Al mostrar la información de dos expresiones que utilizan la funsión null() no está mostrando la misma información en un equipo de 32 bit que en uno de 64.

Las expresiones que estoy calculando son:

*(count(CMANTIS_ID_INCIDENCIA)

-count(if(CMANTIS_FEC_ESTIMADA = null() or (CMANTIS_FEC_RESUELTA = null() and CMANTIS_FEC_CIERRE = null()),CMANTIS_ID_INCIDENCIA))

*(count(if(CMANTIS_FEC_ESTIMADA <> null() and (CMANTIS_FEC_RESUELTA <> null() or CMANTIS_FEC_CIERRE <> null()),CMANTIS_ID_INCIDENCIA)))

Las versiones de QlikView que se están utilizando son: 10.00.9061.7 SR3 64-bit Edition(x64) y  10.00.9061.7 SR3

Me podréis confirmar si es un error de QlikView o si estoy haciendo algo mal.

Gracias de antemano.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To display the information of two expressions using the null funsion () is not showing the same information in a 32-bit in a 64.

I'm calculating expressions are:

*(count(CMANTIS_ID_INCIDENCIA)

-count(if(CMANTIS_FEC_ESTIMADA = null() or (CMANTIS_FEC_RESUELTA = null() and CMANTIS_FEC_CIERRE = null()),CMANTIS_ID_INCIDENCIA))

*(count(if(CMANTIS_FEC_ESTIMADA <> null() and (CMANTIS_FEC_RESUELTA <> null() or CMANTIS_FEC_CIERRE <> null()),CMANTIS_ID_INCIDENCIA)))

)

QlikView versions being used are: 10.00.9061.7 SR3 Edition 64-bit (x64) and SR3 10.00.9061.7

I will be able to confirm if QlikView error or if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

We used to have differences when null was used in relational operators, but when I tried to recreate that yesterday I didn't succeed. So, it could be that these differences have been removed. I'll investigate further and come back to you if I find anything.

But my previous answer is still valid. The comparison Field=Null() will never evaluate to true, so you should use IsNull() instead. The logic can be viewed in the picture below. See more on http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3155

Equality truth tables.png

HIC

View solution in original post

3 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

There are some minor differences in NULL value handling between the 32 bit and the 64 bit version. But the main problem with your expression is that you use Null() in comparisons: CMANTIS_FEC_ESTIMADA = null(). Such a comparison will never evaluate to TRUE.

Instead you should use IsNull(CMANTIS_FEC_ESTIMADA) or Len(Trim(CMANTIS_FEC_ESTIMADA))=0.

See more on http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3155

HIC

alvaro_abv
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

¿Qué diferencias son la que hay en el tratamiento de valores NULL entre el de 32 bits y la versión de 64 bits?

---------------------------------

What differences are there in the treatment of NULL values ​​between 32-bit and 64-bit version?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

We used to have differences when null was used in relational operators, but when I tried to recreate that yesterday I didn't succeed. So, it could be that these differences have been removed. I'll investigate further and come back to you if I find anything.

But my previous answer is still valid. The comparison Field=Null() will never evaluate to true, so you should use IsNull() instead. The logic can be viewed in the picture below. See more on http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3155

Equality truth tables.png

HIC