Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression Formula Error

I am trying to use this formula in a expression, while i try and do that I get a error. The main purpose of the formula is to "flag the field if it is >.75 with a 1, and if it is less than .75 by a 0. Please let me know if there is a easier way to do this

=if(sum({<Reporting_Period_Num ={"$(=max(Reporting_Period_Num))"}, {$<[CDU LOS] = {'*'}>} CDU_Percent)

and

sum({<Reporting_Period_Num ={"$(=max(Reporting_Period_Num)-1)"}, {$<[CDU LOS] = {'*'}>} CDU_Percent)>= .75 ,'1','0')

Please help Scholars

Note: Edited by moderator for title brevity.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are trying to flag the sum(Percentage) for current period + sum(Percentage) for previous period as being larger than 75%, replace the and between the two sums by a +. There are a few superfluous braces and other characters as well (you don't have to specify sets inside sets). To fix this, remove the {$< characters in both sum() calls (that's probably the reason why you're getting an expression error).

If my first assumption is correct, your expression now looks like:

=if(sum({<Reporting_Period_Num ={"$(=max(Reporting_Period_Num))"}, [CDU LOS] = {'*'}>} CDU_Percent)

+

sum({<Reporting_Period_Num ={"$(=max(Reporting_Period_Num)-1)"}, [CDU LOS] = {'*'}>} CDU_Percent)>= .75 ,1,0)

Note: when getting expression errors, always start by checking the proper balancing of parentheses, braces, squarze brackets and the lot. Might save you a lot of time and effort! The syntax checker will even help you with finding missing markers. Place your cursor immediately before a brace or parenthesis. It will be underlined by a colored stripe (usually orange). The corresponding brace or parenthesis will be underlined as well. If not, the syntax checker will make a guess as to where it should be, and mark the remainder of the expression as faulty using "red wiggly lines".

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are trying to flag the sum(Percentage) for current period + sum(Percentage) for previous period as being larger than 75%, replace the and between the two sums by a +. There are a few superfluous braces and other characters as well (you don't have to specify sets inside sets). To fix this, remove the {$< characters in both sum() calls (that's probably the reason why you're getting an expression error).

If my first assumption is correct, your expression now looks like:

=if(sum({<Reporting_Period_Num ={"$(=max(Reporting_Period_Num))"}, [CDU LOS] = {'*'}>} CDU_Percent)

+

sum({<Reporting_Period_Num ={"$(=max(Reporting_Period_Num)-1)"}, [CDU LOS] = {'*'}>} CDU_Percent)>= .75 ,1,0)

Note: when getting expression errors, always start by checking the proper balancing of parentheses, braces, squarze brackets and the lot. Might save you a lot of time and effort! The syntax checker will even help you with finding missing markers. Place your cursor immediately before a brace or parenthesis. It will be underlined by a colored stripe (usually orange). The corresponding brace or parenthesis will be underlined as well. If not, the syntax checker will make a guess as to where it should be, and mark the remainder of the expression as faulty using "red wiggly lines".

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thank you.