Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Expression Problem - Variable

Hello to all.

I'm implementing a new information in company's Qlikview app and for some reason i can't manage to make a certain expression to work... I have an expression just like this one:

MAX(IF(SSS_SEMANA_FILTRO = SEMANA_FILTRO AND SSS_SEMANA_GRIFFE = GRIFFE

AND SSS_SEMANA_CODIGO_COLECAO = CODIGO_COLECAO, SSS_SEMANA_MAX_DATA_SEMANA))-365

Then, based on the above expression i created a variable containing it and i called it varVSSS, that's my variable's name. After that, i want to use the variable on an expression, such as this one...

SUM(IF(DATA_PRIMEIRA_VENDA <= $(varVSSS), VALOR_VENDA - VALOR_TROCA - DESCONTO_VENDA - DESCONTO_TROCA))

So, basically, based on a date comparison i want to make a SUM with some fields... the problem is.... when i add the variable to the expression, i get no result, nothing returns, but as a test, checking for the variable's value gives 41305 or 31/01/2013... and then if i put the return itself on the expression, such as:

SUM(IF(DATA_PRIMEIRA_VENDA <= 41305, VALOR_VENDA - VALOR_TROCA - DESCONTO_VENDA - DESCONTO_TROCA))

It works perfectly with the variable's value, but not with the variable itself... so... any guess ? am I doing something wrong ? Could not think about it;

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I assume that the definition of your variable is a string:
            AND SSS_SEMANA_CODIGO_COLECAO = CODIGO_COLECAO, SSS_SEMANA_MAX_DATA_SEMANA))-365
without '=' sign
So, in your expression, you have aggregation within aggregation:
SUM(IF(DATA_PRIMEIRA_VENDA <= MAX(...), ...
and it is not allowed without aggr() function.

My guess is that you need just the result of that sum() in the variable.  To do this, add '=':
=MAX(IF(SSS_SEMANA_FILTRO = SEMANA_FILTRO AND SSS_SEMANA_GRIFFE = GRIFFE

Regards,
Michael

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I assume that the definition of your variable is a string:
without '=' sign
So, in your expression, you have aggregation within aggregation:
SUM(IF(DATA_PRIMEIRA_VENDA <= MAX(...), ...
and it is not allowed without aggr() function.

My guess is that you need just the result of that sum() in the variable.  To do this, add '=':
=MAX(IF(SSS_SEMANA_FILTRO = SEMANA_FILTRO AND SSS_SEMANA_GRIFFE = GRIFFE

Regards,
Michael