cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jertindall
Contributor II
Contributor II

Expression as Label in Container results in fatal error

I am placing an expression in the Label for Selected Object for a chart within a container to dynamically change the label based on selections made by the user in two List Boxes (user selects which metrics/expressions to display in the chart).  The label expression works fine when I first create it, but when I save the document, close out, and then reopen it, I get the following in the label:

Error: Internal fatal error(-130).

I have a workaround for now by putting the expression in the object's caption, however I am wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and if perhaps this is a new bug in SR12?

I am on QlikView version 11.20.12904.0

6 Replies
cleite2014
Creator
Creator

Hi Jeremy, Have you filed a case on this issue with Qlik or have you come up with a better work around for this issue?

Thank you in advance for your response,

Craig Leite

jertindall
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Craig,

I finally had a chance to log it with Qlik this morning.  We'll see what Support says.

I have not found a better workaround than to just put the expression in the chart caption.  That seems to work fine for now, however it is nice to be able to manage all of the container titles in one properties box without having to jump in and out of all of the chart properties.

I will try to remember to come back and update this thread when Qlik Support responds.

Thanks,

Jeremy

cleite2014
Creator
Creator

Hi Jeremy, Thanks for the reply.  Glad to hear you filed a case with support today.

Thank you,

Craig Leite

Not applicable

I get the same error in Container "Label for selected object", but only when I create a PRJ folder and save into it.    I want shorter titles in container tabs than straight table title, so we use different expressions in each.   If anyone knows workaround, please let me know.

jertindall
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Paul, I was having trouble recreating the issue for the Qlik folks when I logged the issue, but I believe you may have uncovered the reason.  My reduced-to-a-manageable-size app in which I was trying to re-create the issue did not have a PRJ folder.  Thank you for sharing your experience.  I will take another crack at re-creating the issue and share this info in the case I opened with them.

jertindall
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I'm told by Qlik Support that this is a known issue under QV-366 although it has not yet been fixed.