Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Extension for writing variable to a serverside .txt/.xlsx

Hi All,

Is anyone aware of any extension that can write variable values to a server side text file or excel file from access point. Variable can be put in  a text box and then exported to the server as well. I am trying to send the current selection to the server for further use in another document .

Please point me to anything that can help.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
4 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

marcus_sommerjontydkpigwassenaar

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

rwunderlich

Hey Rob!! Can you help me out here ?

Learning never stops.
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I don't know of any extension, but you may be able to create something with a macro that uses Export or ServerSideExport in a macro.

-Rob

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi rwunderlich

I have some macro written to download excel file with some formatting . Due to a huge number of reports and licensing issue Npriting is not used. So my job was to make the macro usable in ajax. What i am trying is passing the current selection to a text file to the server side and then use the variable value in another qvw and open the macro on open.

As Macro won't work in ajax i wanted to do this by extension using java script. I referred to an article of yours in which you were importing and exporting Qliksense script by clicking a button. but looks like the export happens to the client side. I tried but was not able to find any solution for that using javascript.

So i am trying another approach let me know if this is a good approach or not.

1: I am creating  a dot net page which will fetch the variable from access point and save it on server side.

2: Use EDX to trigger a batch file which will open a document on the server which in turn will use the variable to make selection on open and do the same job macro was doing.

Let me know if you have any solution to the above problem. I will keep you posted if you are interested in this.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.