Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Extension in qlikview

Hi,

How can we use extensions in qlikview 11 personal edition?

Is any license required for using the extension?

I have downloaded the word cloud extension ,but its not getting installed.

thanks in adbance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You should be able to run the extensions on the Personal Edition. Can you please check if the extension has been installed in the correct place when you opened the .qar file. The correct location in Windows 7 is C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

Thanks

Adam

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You should be able to run the extensions on the Personal Edition. Can you please check if the extension has been installed in the correct place when you opened the .qar file. The correct location in Windows 7 is C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\QlikTech\QlikView\Extensions\Objects

Thanks

Adam

Not applicable
Author

hi,

I have created the extension object and its working fine in qlikview desktop. but when i deploy it in server and access the document through URL, am getting "Unknown charttype" error.

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, have you installed the extension onto the server as well? It installs into a different location on the server.See the following link for more info.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1866

Not applicable
Author

yes I have followed the steps mentioned in the blog.

But facing  problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What browser and version are you running, and which version of QlikView? IE11 changed many things and can cause problems with extensions.

Not applicable
Author

I am using IE9 browser and the qlikview version11 (64 bit edition)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, so that shouldn't be the problem.

On your QlikView Management Console can you please confirm if the System -> Setup -> QlikView Servers -> Security -> Allow Extensions box is ticked.

There is also the possibility that the Javascript in the extension might not be compatible with IE9. Which word cloud extension are you using as there are several of them around.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

On  QlikView Management Console  Allow Extensions box is ticked.

And wordcloud extension is downloaded from below URL:

Word Cloud Extension | mindspank

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Document deployed in server with wordcloud extension works fine for Ajax call but for IEplugin wordcloud extension object has "Unknown charttype" error.

How we can resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance