Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Facebook Refresh Token (REST API Connector)

Hello,

I have been able to connect and extract some key information from my Facebook account using the Qlik REST API Connector, however an issue I am stuck with is in relation to the access token. It expires after a certain amount of time and I was wondering if anyone has implemented a method of generating a new token per Qlik extact?

Thanks,

Ralph

6 Replies
Not applicable

There is nothing we can do here. This is something related Facebook API. They have made tokens such that they expire. We have to manually renew them and use it in qlik.

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, I was just hoping at the time that someone else had come across this.However I have now resolved this so no longer an issue.

Not applicable

Could you tell me how did you resolve this?

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I followed the below article step by step and it worked fine, this was actually used for a Facebook Page so it might be a bit different for non page accounts.

https://www.rocketmarketinginc.com/blog/get-never-expiring-facebook-page-access-token/

Not applicable

I would like doing it on my facebook profile.  Hope it works.

ralph_graham
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I've tried it on my own profile and can it a token that doesn't expire for 2 months following the same steps but not the token that never refreshes.