Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Not applicable

Failed to open document - Section Access error

Hi to all,

I have a problem with Section Access and also if I've read a lot posts about it, nothing has helped me to solve it.

I have an auth.qvd generated by an Excel document with all permissions that is already used with success in other documents. this is made like this:

NTNAMEFIELD1FIELD2
ADMINAA
ADMINBB
domain\user**

and I repeat that every domain\user in the list has actually the right permissions in other 3 documents.

My section Access is like that (and it's the same for the other 3 documents):

Section Access;

LOAD

'ADMIN' as ACCESS,

Upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,

FIELD1,

FIELD2

From auth.qvd(qvd);

Section Application;

My document properties is like that:

2017-07-05 17_02_50-172.16.30.67 - Connessione Desktop remoto.png

Everything is made like the other 3 documents...but here there's a problem and I don't know why.

If I try to open it in the Access Point I got the error "Failed to open the document. You don't have access to the document".

My attempts:

- If I uncheck the two flag of document properties, I can access with no problem so the problem is Section Access;

- I've tried to use Upper(NTNAME) and only NTNAME but nothing change (in qvd it is in lowercase like domain\user);

- I've tried to write the OSUser() on a text box and it is like DOMAIN\user. So I've also tried to write like that the NTNAME on section access;

- In the document there is also the service user like admin;

- I'm the "creator" of document, in the auth.qvd I have all permissions and I've a named cal

qlikview version 11.20.12904.0.SR12 64-Bit edition

Please help me

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Failed to open document - Section Access error

Well then it can only be the NTNAME, I never use the domain in that, but I also don't manage the qlikview server,..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Failed to open document - Section Access error

I can think of two potential problems, basically:

1     Strict exlcusion

2     The contents of FIELD1 and FIELD2 not being upper in both access and application sections

For 1, please note that the * means all listed values in the section access table. Meaning that if your data in the application section has none of the listed values you will have access to none of the data

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Failed to open document - Section Access error

thank you for your answer, no problem for strict exclusion, the user ADMIN has every combination of possible values, so my domain\user with * has the possibility to see every possibility too.

for second answer FIELD1 and FIELD2 are upper or numeric only. I've tried just now to use only the field1 that is numeric to avoid the doubt of upper/lower case...but nothing

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Failed to open document - Section Access error

User data in ACCESS column, might this one will help.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Failed to open document - Section Access error

the file with all the domains is already running without problems in other documents, so I don't think that the problem is in that file..

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: Failed to open document - Section Access error

Well then it can only be the NTNAME, I never use the domain in that, but I also don't manage the qlikview server,..

View solution in original post