Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max_potass
Creator
Creator

Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document.

Hello everyone,

I recently tried to limit Access with Section Access and NT Name.

This works local, but sadly not on the Server. I get the following Message:

Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document.

Does anyone know, what can cause this?

Best Regards

Max

20 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You may have a different NTNAME on the server, put a qvw on the server without SA and display a text box with

=OSuser()

to see what it is

Anonymous
Not applicable

Check below details.

Your ID is allocated License..?

And your ID is same as your Local as in Domain Id in Server...?

max_potass
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your quick answer.

Sadly, this is not the problem. NTName on Server and on PC is identical.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

In your computer, I guess you are opening the QVW with QlikView Desktop, if you are defined as ADMIN, you will be able to open the file regardless the data and even if "Strict Exclusion" is set.

However, if you are accessing with the client (Desktop via QVP or Ajax/HTTP) the strict exclusion applies and if you don't have a reduction field with any value, you cannot open the application.

If you are not familiar with section access, start first without any exclusions or reductions, but do set the initial selection based on section access, so you can see whether opening the application will work or not.

EDIT: Additionally, if the document is not distributed to your user, All Authenticated Users or All Users, you get this message also. You need to go to the QMC > Documents > User Documents > Authorization (or set the distribution task to authorize accordingly)

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

To add, with strict exclusion a non existing value in the data reduction field in the Section Access table compared with the Section Application data will also lock you out. Even further a '*' in the section acces table means all listed values in the SA table (and SA table only), so if there are no other values in the SA table, you will not have access either

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Thanks for the clarification.

I should have said instead "not possible values" in the reduction field (e.g: not that the field is empty but that it has no values which apply for the given user/selection).

max_potass
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank's for your Input.

I unchecked "Strict exclusion" and published the Document on the Server.

I can now open it. (I am Authorized as named User)

But the strange part is, that the NTNAME is from the Qlik-Server. (Or better it is the SAUSER, as I cannot see the NTNAME)

Why is that? I mean that would be useless...

And also, the OSName was correct before. (I followed the first answer, and there it was ok)

I am confused as hell...

(Also if I open the published Document on the server localy, not via browser, I also am the Server?!)

max_potass
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried the Reduction with Desktop QlikView. I marked myself as User and Restricted me with one FieldValue which does exist. This did work perfectly fine. So I assume, I did not do a mistake there, right?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

The behavior for Desktop differs from the clients. If you are an ADMIN you are supposed to open and reload the application, which can only happen using the QlikView Desktop tool.

But if you are an ADMIN in the server, you need to have data available for your user, so if there is a reduction field, your user needs to have values in it to be able to open and see data.

This is expected.