Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fetching data from two seperate fields

Hi,

I have 2 tables WarrantyClaimMaster and TReportMaster. WarrantyClaimMaster has a field TractorSrNo which is aliased as TrSrNo and TReportMaster has a field TractorSrNo. Now i want to display count of TractorSrNo from table TReportMaster in my first expression and how many of those count, matches with TrSrNo of WarrantyClaimMaster table.

The problem here is , my first expression should vary based on the calender, but the second expression should give all the matching count from TrSrNo irrespective of year and month.

Also WarrantyClaimMaster table and TReportMaster table are concatenated to make common date field. Hence TractorSrNo and TrSrNo in the same table after reloading.

Thanks in advance

Sandhya Gowda

7 Replies
alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III

Expression1

Count(TractorSrNo)

Expression2

Count({<Year = , Month = >}TrSrNo)

Hope this helps

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

1. count(distinct TractorSrNo)

2. count({1<TractorSrNo = P({$<Year=,Month=>})>} TractorSrNo

Not applicable
Author

HI Alkesh,

Thanks for your quick reply. In expression 2, i want the matching count of TractorSrNo and TrSrNo. i.e, say there are 100 count of TractorSrNo for month of June, then what is the matching count of TrSrNo(common data between TractorSrNo and TrSrNo) irrespective of year,quarter,month.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sandhya,

it would be good if you can knock up an example app, would make this easier to solve

Not applicable
Author

Hi Joe,

I have attached example app to my post. Please look into it and provide solution.

Thanks

Sandhya Gowda

Not applicable
Author

HI,

Can someone help me close this issue.

Thanks

Sandhya Gowda

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Your sample qvw seems to be blank. Re-upload with a small set of data and try to explain expected output against at least two different selections with logic explanation.