Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veeranj
Creator II
Creator II

Field event triggers are lost - while creating QVW using -Prj folder

Hi ,

Is there any way of getting back the field event triggers after creating and reloading  the QVW using .prj Folder .

Can anyone help me on this .

Thanks,

Anjee

5 Replies
gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

This is a big issue for my organization as we use source control with all our projects. Some help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try to

1. Create the app with your prj folder, but keep a copy of the folder somewhere else
  2. Reload your app.
  3. Save and close the app.
  4. Replace your application prj with the original prj folder
  5. Reopen your app.

I believe this  is the only thinkable method to manage keeping your field triggers. Triggers disappear when the app loses the triggered field.  replacing the prj to a loaded application should hopefully reinitiate the triggers.

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

That makes sense. However, it's not feasible when you're working with source control. I may have to pull a project out of source control that hasn't even been looked at for years. It may not have a loaded version lying around. And having to store a binary document in source control to circumvent the issue more or less makes source control pointless.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

My  attempt for a solution above does not require any stored binary files even with version control.

1. Check out your prj
  2. Create a new app from using the prj. This sop will be without any data.
  3. Reload your new app.
  4. Store your app.
  5. Close your app
  6. Revert all changes to your prj folder.
  7. Re-open the application

I have not tested this approach, but it feels like the correct approach. This approach should also handle the issue with losing "always one selected value".

Please mark this answer correct or helpful if you try it out and manage to keep your triggers. 

gksmithlcw
Creator
Creator

When I reload that empty app, the trigger is gone. That's the problem I'm trying to get addressed here.