Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Field without data when I open my application .qvw

Hello,

I use a BINARY LOAD with an absolute path to load the data into my application.

Example: BINARY ;

Until now, it worked very well. When I reloaded my application, the data were refresh. Then, after registration, if I closed my application and I restarted it, it was OK.

Since this morning : when I open my file, the fields exist but there is no data inside. I reload my application. The data are refresh. I register and close my application. When I restart it, my problem still there (fields are without data). However, the application indicates that the reload was done at the time and date I just done it.

Could someone help me?

Something is strange. When I use a old Gen_modele.qvw then it's OK. However; I have no error in the new Gen_modele.qvw.

Thank you in advance,

Kevin C

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kevin,

do you have any Section Access security limitation on your document? It sounds like you might have lost security rights to see your data. Immediately after the reload, you can see all data with no limitations, but then when you save the document and reopen it, the security is applied and you can't see the data that you are not allowed to see.

Specifically, the checkbox "Strict data exclusion" on the Opening tab of the Document properties could cause this behavior.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

What do you mean by "register"? Are you using a section access table prompting for username and password? If so, then yes, it might be possible that you are able to reload the application, after which you will see all rows. But if your role does not have a blank in the reduction field of the section access table (or a star with all the values) when you save and open again the data set displayed is the one corresponding to your user.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kevin,

do you have any Section Access security limitation on your document? It sounds like you might have lost security rights to see your data. Immediately after the reload, you can see all data with no limitations, but then when you save the document and reopen it, the security is applied and you can't see the data that you are not allowed to see.

Specifically, the checkbox "Strict data exclusion" on the Opening tab of the Document properties could cause this behavior.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills with my book QlikView Your Business: An Expert Guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Oleg,

Yes I have a Section Access security limitation. But I didn't change anything on it. It works before with the same script.

I tried to check out "Strict data exclusion" but nothing happen. The problem is still there.

I've just tried something else. I create a new app, I copy and paste (Binary + section access) in the hidden script.

After reload and save, when I reopen the new app, it's OK... the data are still inside my fields. But my app is big and I can't start it from the begining...

Thanks for your help. If you any idea, do not hesitate to come back answer me

Kevin

kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Miguel,

I'm sorry, my english isn't good. By "register" I mean "save my file".

Yes I use a Section Access security limitation. But I didn't change anything on it. It works before with the same script. My role has got a star to see all values.

I've just tried something else. I create a new app, I copy and paste (Binary + section access) in the hidden script.

After reload and save, when I reopen the new app, it's OK... the data are still inside my fields. But my app is big and I can't start it from the begining...

Thanks for your help. If you have any idea, do not hesitate to come back answer me

Kevin

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kevin,

I don't have any other logical explanations of the possible problems. Either your Security settings are different between the two documents, or you somehow activated a glitch in the product that "breaks" the document.

One more thing to check - do you have any Actions and Triggers that fire after Reload and OnOpen? Maybe something unusual is happening there?

cheers,

Oleg

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Adding here new objects like listboxes that require "Always one value selected" and which selection produces some reduction in the data set when it is open. Try as Oleg suggest to disable that check, or set it to initially select (but not reduce) and see if that gives you any hint.

kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

You are right !

When I check out "reduction of the data based on section access", it's OK.

So, it would say my problem come from the section access ? It's weird because my role is a star * and I can see all the value.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Star does not mean "all values for that field in the data model" rather than "all values listed under the reduction field in the section access table" (see here for one: STAR Keyword Usage).

Perhaps some change there?

kevinchevrier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

Thanks to you, I find the problem.

One field into my Gen_modele.qvw is different - many "no value" -

Then, it seems to impact my section access - because this field is used inside -.

So I have to solve the problem into my Gen_Modele.qvw.

Kevin