Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

File Download from QlikView

Hi Friends,

I have a requirement where the client is interested in having a link in a straight / pivot table which allows the user to download CSV / PDF files stored in another file server. Is this possible in QlikView? Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

6 Replies
raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Friends,

Just to top on, I am looking for an app similar to QlikView's download app, which basically allows us to download QlikView Executables and Documentation. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

its_anandrjs

Hi,

You can use the option Open URL in any text object

1. Add action  Open URL

2. in URL box write the URL of the file location Ex:- \\Servername\folder\filename

Regards

Anand

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can set the representation type of an expression to Link so it will act as a hyperlink. The expression should have the form ='TextShownAsLabelHere<URL>http://someserver/xyz/something.pdf'. You can use calculations to construct the string for example by using dimension values.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the quick response. I tried this, but where I am currently stuck up is that I am not able to generate this link. I am told that the csv files will be saved in the same server (QlikView Application Server) or an external file server. When I tried having a csv file in the same folder, QlikView tries to open the file in the browser (no text visible though). But I am looking for something like once the link is clicked it should pop up the download dialog box. Do you see any possibility? Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the quick response. Like I have mentioned below for Anand, I am not able to generate the link. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

Not applicable

Possibly you are done with the requirement already. I guess, if the users (probably 'Everyone') has proper access right to the path of the file storage, the issue could be resolved. Again I wonder, how the same works in any website download, is it something to do with web server settings? If you have resolved the issue, could you share your approach?