cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III

File contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened in Personal Edition

I have been working non stop the past few days to get a dashboard ready for a demonstration early next week.  Earlier this morning my computer froze and I had to do a hard restart.  After restarting, I proceeded to open Qlikview and the auto recover box came up with my file.  I knew I had saved my document before the restart, so I deleted the file and proceed to open from the Start Page.  To my surprise I was presented with the following errors:

"This file contains inconsistencies and cannot be opened by Personal Edition."

"The document x.qvw failed to load."

"Failed to open document."

my document is no longer on my Start Page recent files list so I cannot try the "open with no data" trick...  I'm at a loss here and am facing several days of wasted time if I cannot recover the document!!!! Please Help!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After talking with Qlikview, the problem was determined to be a corruption of the qvw I was working with.  As was mentioned earlier, I was working with the free Personal Edition, and had not yet attributed any of the Named Licenses we own to my software.  Whatever the corruption in the qvw was, it triggered the logic within Qlikview Personal Edition that prevents you from opening dashboards created by another copy of the software. 

The solution: I applied a license to my desktop software and tried to reopen the file, and it worked perfectly.  I do not know what caused the qvw to be corrupted originally.  I'm assuming it had something to do with my PC freezing and being hard reset possibly while my document was being saved.  Whatever the cause, Qlikview support CAN ASSIST with recovering your document if this happens to you!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian

Have tried opening it using the command line with the /p parameter ?

"c:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /p "YourDashboard.qvw"

Best Regards,     Bill

bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've tried both /p and /nodata from the command prompt with no luck.  When Qlikview loads after submitting the command, I get the same errors I reported initially. 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian

Sorry but it looks like you are in trouble and may well need to restore from you last good backup.

I see you are using Personal Edition so you will have no formal QlikTech support to call on.

Do you have a prj folder for your Dashboard?  I somehow doubt it, but if you do that may help.

But...... there are some good people a lot cleverer than me who use this forum who may be able provide suggestions.

Best Regards,     Bill

bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Bill I appreciate your help.  I am following up with Qliktech at the moment.  I recently purchased several Qlikview licenses so hopefully their architects can recover it!  I'll post any solutions they have here. 

bdiamante
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After talking with Qlikview, the problem was determined to be a corruption of the qvw I was working with.  As was mentioned earlier, I was working with the free Personal Edition, and had not yet attributed any of the Named Licenses we own to my software.  Whatever the corruption in the qvw was, it triggered the logic within Qlikview Personal Edition that prevents you from opening dashboards created by another copy of the software. 

The solution: I applied a license to my desktop software and tried to reopen the file, and it worked perfectly.  I do not know what caused the qvw to be corrupted originally.  I'm assuming it had something to do with my PC freezing and being hard reset possibly while my document was being saved.  Whatever the cause, Qlikview support CAN ASSIST with recovering your document if this happens to you!