* opened it onto a local installation of FM10 (Of course FM10 configured to allow access to this DB via ODBC)
* then opened Qlikview and used the ODBC wizards to load data
* when running the script, all things stall for a very long time (in my case the timer stalls on Elapsed 00:00:01 for about 10 minutes), because the filemaker ODBC takes a very long time to process the query...
* so I figured out to speed things up by not importing all the fields, but only the ones really needed.
I didn't really manage to automate this 😞
remark : FM10 and FM11 have a different ODBC driver, and the are not compatible -> install the correct on.
clearly once we got the data into qlikview, it was easy to get all kinds of usefull stuff out of it.
Especially I could demonstrate how 'dirty' the data actually was/is.
BTW, another way to go from FileMaker to Qlikview is to export the tables in FM as excel. This works faster for me. As the ODBC couldn't be automated, in the end this excel export is as good as a manual ODBC import.