Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filter based on expression (on the flow filtering)

Hi,

I'm relativly new to Qlikview and I was wondering if it is possible to create a filter on following logic:

2 tables,

Orders:

OrderID,Orderweek,Units Ordered

A,1,4

A,2,16

B,1,5

B,2,10

Invoices:

OrderID,Units Invoiced

A, 20

B,30

This tables are joined via OrderID

In my Qlikview sheet I have a list box on Week and a pivot chart with following dimensions / expressions

Orderweek

OrderID,

#Ordered (=SUM([Units Ordered]))

#Invoiced (=SUM([Units Invoiced]))

Difference(=#Invoiced - #Ordered)

Completed (=IF(Difference <5 , 'Completed','Incomplete') )

What I want to accomplish is to create a filter (button / listbox) with Complete / Incomplete to restrict the outcome of the pivot to only the completed/incompleted values.

--> This is also dependent on the selection of week

I've added an example.

Kind Regards,

Bert

3 Replies
cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

I have found a way to do something like this using dimension limits. Basically what you do is create an expression that uses your completed/incomplete logic but instead of flagging them completed/incomplete, flag them as 1 and 0. Then in your dimension limits you will need to limit the first dimension to Show only values are greater than or equal to a variable (set to 1). The limitation to this method would be that you could 'Show or Hide' incomplete orders. Not pick and choose each. You would also have to remember to put this fake expression first and then hide it on the presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Charles,

Thanks for the tip, however I'm working with a pivot table, it is not possible to use the dimension limits.

+ It also is not possible to use a calculated dimension (I'm relying on my measures)

(my example is very smplistic of the 'real' table. It is not possible to switch from pivot to straight or other table)

Kind regards,

Bert

cspencer3
Creator II
Creator II

I forgot you could not use dimension limits on a pivot table. I do not use them that often.