Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Filter criteria

Hi all,

I have created the calculation dimension.

Calculation Used:

aggr(only({<[As of Date]={'$(vmaxweek)','$(vprevWeek)'}>}[As of Date]),[As of Date])

vmaxweek - =max({1<[Pull Type]= {'W'}>}[As of Date])

This always stores the latest available date

prevWeek - =max({<[As of Date] -= {'$(vmaxweek)'},[Pull Type]= {'W'}>}[As of Date] )

This will pick and store the date on selection and displays the previous date availbale for the most available date by default

When nothing is selected the report  is showing bars for latest date and the previous available date. The problem is, when I select the date filter, the bar is showing only one value. the bar is not showing latest date vailable.

Can anyone guide me through this process?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Varun

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I guess you need to ignore selection in [As of Date] field in your expression using set analysis for this to work:

{<[As of Date]>}

UPDATE: The issue is that although your dimension wants to show two dates, your expression is only available for the selected date because it has not been told to not filter based on selection in date field. Once it is told to ignore selection, it will always display for all dates, but now the dimension won't let you see anything more than the two dates. I hope this make sense.

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

12 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try adding a one here:

Aggr(Only({1<[As of Date]={'$(vmaxweek)','$(vprevWeek)'}>}[As of Date]),[As of Date])

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sunny,

Tried this. Not working. Still ignorning vmaxweek

sunny_talwar

Is your As of Date field in Number format? The reason I asked this is because you are using Max() and haven't added the Date() function. May be you need to add Date() with the format to make it work?

sunny_talwar

I guess you need to ignore selection in [As of Date] field in your expression using set analysis for this to work:

{<[As of Date]>}

UPDATE: The issue is that although your dimension wants to show two dates, your expression is only available for the selected date because it has not been told to not filter based on selection in date field. Once it is told to ignore selection, it will always display for all dates, but now the dimension won't let you see anything more than the two dates. I hope this make sense.

Best,

Sunny

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sunny,

Thanks. Ignoring selection in the expression worked. I was trying it with dimension, that might be the reason why it didn't work for me.

Cheers!

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sunny,

I am using three dimensions and I am able to see lable for first and third. I am unable to see second. Have you come across this situation?

sunny_talwar

Can you share a screenshot?

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Actually I cannot share the screenshot.

If I select particular dimension (Primary) I am able to see secondary dimension. If I clear the selections I cannot see  the secondary dimensions.

Primary dimensions is shown 10 at a time using x-axis scroll bar. It has around 30 values.

Hope this helps.

I will try to send you screen shot with mock up data

sunny_talwar

Is Secondary dimension the Aggr() dimension or is it somehow dependent on the first one?