Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering data in both dimension and Fact table

I am a week old to Qlikview and yet to take developer training so my question are very basic and answers must be very obvious (but unfortunately not to me :-(. Right now I'm struggling with my data model. I have two tables in my data model so far - a fact and a dimension. I do not want to bring in records with a certain status type into my data load at all as they will never be used yet they exist in my DB. I have added a WHERE clause to my dimension table load script like so: WHERE Item_status_code <> ('DELETED') and Item_status_code <> ('INACTIVE'). Now what is happening is a new status category is being created with code type as '-' which groups rows records from fact tables that doesn't have matching records in Fact Table. Fact and dimension table have one to one relationship. How do I stop the records being brought in from fact table as well is there are no matching records in DIM table.

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This also worked. Must say QlikView community is amazing. I'm so excited to be here!!!

I do have one more question. I am looking at my results in a chart format, the results are correct but the rows fetched when I click on reload are still 1821 more in fact then dimension. Let me know if anyone has thoughts on this. Thank you!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Which script did you use from my thread? Right keep or Exists() ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I tried both and both worked.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Was the issue you were talking about here

"I do have one more question. I am looking at my results in a chart format, the results are correct but the rows fetched when I click on reload are still 1821 more in fact then dimension. Let me know if anyone has thoughts on this. Thank you!"

Is this resolved?