Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering out unwanted Dimension Values.

Hello,

I have a graph containing week numbers as a dimensional horizontal 'X' axes, separating my financial calculations/expressions to draw calendar comparisons and timelines.

As the weeks turn over my financials are starting to merge, as I run out of graph/screen space.

From this:

£123     £456     £789

1          2          3          etc.

To this:

£123£45£789

1       2     3      etc.

Now that we are in week 23, in an ideal world I would like a rolling 10 weeks to display so that everyone can clearly read the graph without having to expand it. - Filtering out what has now become of less important to the business, week 1-13.

Three options I have explored:

1. Creating a 'Flag' in the script use in the Set Analysis of my expressions:  This works on simple graphs, but I have a 50+ 'conditional' display expressions in one graph covering a wide range of expressions that are further complicated with year-on-year comparison, variances and %age diff etc.
  2. Apply the Scroll Bar to the x axes:  This is a little temperamental to use and requires the user to scroll right to see the latest weeks comparison until I sort the weeks z/a - which does not make for conventional reading of a rolling week. (backwards)
  3. Tried the 'Dimensional Limits' within the chart properties which allows me to display
    • 'First'  X number of weeks
    • 'Largest'  X number of weeks
    • 'Smallest' X Number of weeks
    • .... BUT NOT 'Last' X Number of weeks.

There has to be an easier way to achieve this over and above the options tried above.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Select the weeks you want to see in for example a listbox object.

Or create a flag field in the script that flag records that fall in the last X weeks. Then select the value in that flag field that represents the last X weeks.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand