Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulo_costa_ifp
Contributor II
Contributor II

Filtering records in a Straight Table and recalculating measures

I´m trying to filter some records in a straight table (based on an input variable), and then recalculate some measures. As you  can see below, in the last expression I would like to make a second agregation based on the results of column(2). In this example, the correct result for the last expression should be 23. It shows 0.  Is it possible to do a second aggr()? Expressions are evaluated from left to right?

Capturar.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

I guess its not possible because column(n) function and references to the expression name operate on a strictly row by row basis. It is not possible to use multirow aggregations. So i think you will have to use the original formula in order to achieve your desired output:

max(total aggr(if(Sum (val)<$(vFiltra),Sum (val),null()),id))

hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Is your col2 is a field name from your table or an expressions? If it is an expression just use like

= Max(TOTAL <ID> col2Expr)

paulo_costa_ifp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Capturar1.JPG

Col2's expresion:  Column(2)

No results, up till now.

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

I guess its not possible because column(n) function and references to the expression name operate on a strictly row by row basis. It is not possible to use multirow aggregations. So i think you will have to use the original formula in order to achieve your desired output:

max(total aggr(if(Sum (val)<$(vFiltra),Sum (val),null()),id))

hope this helps

paulo_costa_ifp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, Frank.

Everything fine now.

CapturarResolvido.JPG

Regards