Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finding difficulties on developing the calandar object to filter the date between time stamp ranges

I have a date filed with multiple years of dates in a dimension.Need to have the calendar object to filter dates on basis of the Date.As to filter dates on the List Box its being complicated.Please how to deal a variable of start and end of the date column 'Date Time stamp' format is '2015-03-20 00:00:00'

please do needful on the achieving of the calendar Object functionality to filter the data.Please look into the sample and revert on changes.

Thanks.

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I suggest you used a real date and not a timestamp for the calendar-box. For this I would split the timestamp within the script per:

floor([Date Time stamp]) as date

frac([Date Time stamp]) as time

as single fields - maybe additionally but see here: The Importance Of Being Distinct.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Marcus thanks for your solution i learn a concept of how to deal the complex large Strings and numbers.Can you please help on to get the Calendar Object to get filter of the values on selection of calendar object.

Used the 

floor([Date Time stamp]) as date

frac([Date Time stamp]) as time

can you help on creating of calendar object to filter the time stamps.

marcus_sommer

I assume you are be confused from the numbers in these fields but dates and times are numbers which you could show in many different formatings. I suggest you keep the above created num-fields and add to them which with a formating of your choice:

floor([Date Time stamp]) as NumDate // it's a lot easier to calculate with numbers

frac([Date Time stamp]) as NumTime

date(floor([Date Time stamp]), 'DD.MM.YYYY') as Date

time(frac([Date Time stamp]), 'hh:mm:ss') as Time

and maybe some date/time-clusters like:

year([Date Time stamp]) as Year

month([Date Time stamp]) as Month

hour([Date Time stamp]) as Hour

minute([Date Time stamp]) as Minute

second([Date Time stamp]) as Second

For these topics you should also look to:

The Master Calendar

The Master Time Table

And now you could use these Date-Field for a calendar-box and/or various listboxes with the date/time cluster fields.

- Marcus