Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Re: First Non-zero value in a chart

Again this is just a sample and the actual expression might be more complex (instead of Sum(Value) if it was Sum(Aggr(FirstSortedValue(Aggr(Sum(Value), Date), -Date), Date, OtherDimensions)) or something)... would you still want to do this in the backend?

bji
New Contributor

Thank you both. Client's requirement was to do it on chart level. But thank you for your input.

This?

Capture.PNG

Expression:

If(Sum(Value) <> 0, Sum(Value), Above(TOTAL Column(1)))

jayanttibhe
Contributor III

Depends on the requirement; If target expression where he needed non zero values of row above look like the one you have shown, I would first get additional field with that complex expression and then would apply the same logic  on that field 

Again, I don't think this is always a good idea... but if you think that's the best way... then ya that is always an option

Highlighted
bji
New Contributor

Thank you Sunny, looks like Jayant's solution is close to what client is looking for.

Sounds good... I thought your expression was complicated and that is why you wanted to do this on the front end. If that's what you need. I suggest marking his response as correct and close this thread

Best,

Sunny

bji
New Contributor

Ideally, was looking for only front-end option but seems like there's a compromise on it now.

That's great.... Backend should always be preferred over front end. Wise decision