Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_smythe80
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

First Sorted Value for most frequent value

Hi All,

looking for some support again, thanks so far to @sunny_talwar for his extraordinary help on the app.

i have some columns in the app which find the min price paid across all customers by sales agent where they are within the rank 15% and 70% and then the price across all customers as the min target price that should be achieved. 

i also have a column which finds the most frequent price paid by the total QTY at a customer level (min price at greatest QTY):

so this is the min price paid and no matter if a customer is selected it retains the 214.5 as the min price paid.

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.08.25.png

what i then have is a column that finds the most frequent price paid by these customers based on their QTY

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.08.31.png

as you can see the customer 12 at the top as a frequent price of 192.50 so this is the correct min frequent price. however i want the last column to display the frequent price of the customer using the same logic as the min price where the qty rank > 15% and less than 70%. so using the same Min customer price logic but incorporating the Frequent price instead of the Min price and dropping the part that says >55% as this would not be necessary at this stage as the frequent price based on QTY is in the middle qty ranks.

so use this logic principal but without the >.55 line 4

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.15.23.png

and incorporate this into the measure so that it finds the frequent price across all customers. and retain ti no matter on selection of customer

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 10.15.35.png

i hope this makes sense and the app helps.

anything would be amazing

12 Replies
l_smythe80
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

although on further inspection this is actually finding the minimum paid price still and not the most frequent price paid.

just in the example app it so happens to pick the Min price which is 214.50 and is the correct value in the example, on my actual application it should be finding 260 as the most frequent paid price, but its returning 50 which is the price the customer paid the person it finds as the most frequent but with the Min price value

so looks like the part its finding is not the most frequent price correctly. but ill have a look over xmas

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to create a sample where Min and most paid values are different?

l_smythe80
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

HI @sunny_talwar,

as requested, here is a copy of the app which i have changed the values to highlight the issue i am finding on my own application.

i have saved on the workings page you created, and there are 2 text objects which show the issues here:

so 1 shows £220 and the other which shows £70. 

£220 for middle 55% is at greatest QTY as shown here:

Screenshot 2020-01-03 at 10.00.11.png

£70 is then for all customers based on most frequent qty which is ignoring the middle 55% by the looks:

Screenshot 2020-01-03 at 10.00.20.png

£220 is for the selected 30 customers (which are the middle 55% of customers) which then says the £220 has the highest QTY which is fine as an option however i just want it to retain the £220 even if any customer is selected. so its a fixed £220 no matter customer selection.

for option 2: i want to show the minimum of the frequent prices paid for the middle 55% irrespective of customers selected.

so based on the data:

option 1 would equal - £220 no matter what customer is selected as this is based on customers in the middle 55% and its the price paid most frequently by the Quantity purchased.

option 2 would equal - £185 no matter the selection as customer 27 has achieved this price most frequently of the middle 55% of customers therefore a target for all customers to be paying this price is achievable.

i hope this helps and makes sense, and is something relatively straight forward to achieve, im just all aggr'd out 🙂