Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilippZiemer
Partner - Contributor III

FirstSortedValue on Calculated Position

Hey Community,

I got a rather strange Problem. I have two sliders to select values in a list under the dimension of a chart by using the function FirstSortedValue. The first slider selects an absolut position in a variable and works perfectly. The second slider selects a relative position, e.g. I want the item at 25% of the list. I use the relative Position times the count of items under the dimension. This always produces an "Allocated memory exceeded" error. You can reproduce the error by activating the last expression in the chart.

I would be really thankful for a solution or a workaround.

Best

Philipp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhilippZiemer
Author

I came to the conclusion that it is not possible to calculate the rank n for the function Min or the position n for FirstSortedValue under the dimension of the chart.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

How about this expression: Date(Min(DATE,[Value Pos Relative]))

Attached.

PhilippZiemer
Author

For some reason this is as well not working. Try the right slider. It will always result in the first value.

CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Chart object might gets corrupted. Did you tried recreating(not copying the existing) it again?

PhilippZiemer
Author

I came to the conclusion that it is not possible to calculate the rank n for the function Min or the position n for FirstSortedValue under the dimension of the chart.