Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Highlighted
New Contributor

Fixed dimension

Hello,

Imagining that I have a dimension "Countries" and an expression "Population"..

I'd like to know how can I create a chart where my countries are fixed and never change when I change the report's filters.

Ex. I want to see the population number of the following countries: "Brazil", "USA" and "Holland".

Countries never change, but when the filters change the population number can be changed.

How can I make a chart like this?

Tags (1)
4 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Fixed dimension

Try this.

Go to dimension tab, click on the dimension and check the box "Show All Values".

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Regards,
Kaushik
If reply is satisfactory, please "Like" the post.
If reply is solution, please mark as "Correct".
Highlighted
Contributor III

Hi Pedro,

Please find attached solution along with this. I hope this will help you to resolve your problem.

Regards,

Akshaya

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Akshaya,

This solution almost woks. The problems are:

1- It keeps all countries. I need to keep only some of them. For Ex: Brazil, Holland and Russia.

2- I have other filters: Ex. gender, age, etc. When I select them the countries are changing. I need to keep them ALWAYS.

Highlighted
Contributor III

Hi Pedro,

Please find my comment below.

1- It keeps all countries. I need to keep only some of them. For Ex: Brazil, Holland and Russia.

Please flag the countries you want to show always and sum it in the second expression.

2- I have other filters: Ex. gender, age, etc. When I select them the countries are changing. I need to keep them ALWAYS.

You put all the filters to same state as population.

I have modified the application as per you need.

Regards,

Akshaya