Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II

Flag for selected or not selected value in Current Selection Box

Hi Team,

I want to create a flag in QlikView Script, If I select entry_date. Total no. of record in entry_date is 644 and I have selected 401 value. So I need a flag like Y for all those value selected and N means not selected records.

Hope you got my answer. Can any one help me on this.

For data related qvw, I am attaching my qvw.

Regards,
Sona_SA

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The expression for a straight table column might be:

if(count(entry_date),'Y', 'N')

By itself, all you will have is 'Y' because the other entry_date are not part of the current selections.  So to bring the non-selected rows onto the chart, either use a calculated dimension or a hidden chart column that removes the entry_date selection.

only({<entry_date=>}entry_date)

This does not need to be a hidden column. If you have another column you are showing on the chart you can use the {<entry_date=>} to bring all entry_date into view. 

See attached.

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Do you want to show all 95k rows of data in a straight table with a Y/N flag as to whether it's selected?

-Rob

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes Sir.

Same either in straight table or in list box with green selection (Flag Y) and in another list box gray with not selection (Flag N).

Thanks for response and look into this.

Regards,

SA

sona_sa
Creator II
Creator II
Author

YES SIR. I want either if possible in Straight or two separate List box where one contains selected value with Y Flag or One contains unselected Field with N flag. What ever field is selected in current selection box.

Thanks & Regards,

Sona_SA

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The expression for a straight table column might be:

if(count(entry_date),'Y', 'N')

By itself, all you will have is 'Y' because the other entry_date are not part of the current selections.  So to bring the non-selected rows onto the chart, either use a calculated dimension or a hidden chart column that removes the entry_date selection.

only({<entry_date=>}entry_date)

This does not need to be a hidden column. If you have another column you are showing on the chart you can use the {<entry_date=>} to bring all entry_date into view. 

See attached.

-Rob