Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Flagging straight table records

Hi there,

This is my scenario: I have a straight table which contains a list of Order records. One of the fields is a hyperlink email. When the user presses the hyperlink, a new email window opens. I want something to remind the user that an email was send regarding a particular order.

First I was looking whether it is possible to create a check-box column where the user can tick in case an email was send. Such a 'Boolean' column ('email send'/'email not send') would have been great. However I found that this is not possible in qlikview.

I also tried to set the right-most columns in such a way that user will be allowed to enter a comment regarding the corresponding row? i.e. the user can enter 'Email send' or 'Email not send'. But again I found that there is not clean way how this can be done.

Does anyone have a good trick or alternative how such Order records can be flagged by the user, when an email is send? A requirement is that such indicator needs to be in parallel (next) to the corresponding Order record. Besides, this indicator also needs to stay from one session to another.

Any tips about how you would tackle such requirement would be great!

Matt

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

There is no direct way to do this, some useful info in this post -

Re: Write comments against data in the dashboard

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately, I think input fields are not good enough for this requirement. Any other trick that can be used for such flagging? I just need something that can server as a boolean Boolean against a table's field, to flag a records.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you make a ListBox and go to the Presentation tab you can change the Selection Style Override to "Windows Checkboxes". The next thing is to make StraightTable next to it with basically the link and putting that StraightTable into an Alternate State so it doesn't contract then you do selections in the first ListBox.

Finally you can make a TableBox with your selections - which will contract and only show the relevant selected checkboxes. This TableBox can be saved into a file that resides server-side with the help of a button and a VBScript Macro that is two lines. Yes this will also work via the AccessPoint / Ajax-client / Browser. And no not all Macros are bad...

2015-10-12 #1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

This look like a promising solution!! However in my case the straightable with order records, consists of over 2000 records. Thus the user need to scroll up and down to explore records.

Besides, if the user needs to search for a particular order, all the tick object are unchecked and only the one which was searched will be checked.

However I honestly appreciated that this is a work around to mimic a functionality that does not exist in QV, and this is already a big step forward!

Thanks!!